Sunday, March 20, 2011

Normandie Cafe & Bakery

When I was a teenager I worked at the front counter of a French bakery called Bakers de Normandie. The bakers, Jean Jacques and Chet, would occasionally still be there in the afternoon when I arrived after school on my ten speed bike. They made the most wonderful things like croissants filled with chocolate, Napoleon pastries, and hard rolls that were crusty and crunchy on the outside and as light as air on the inside. The bakery I worked in closed, reopened in new locations and closed again. My mom told me they were back. (I'm not sure if it's run by the same people though.)
The Normandie Cafe & Bakery is located in Holladay, Utah and they serve a good brunch.
We stopped by before Valentine's Day. I didn't take photos of brunch, just of what we took home from the bakery. Like this heart shaped, shortbread-like cookie dipped in chocolate and decorated with pretty swirls of red sugar.
Ham & cheese filled croissant.
My brunch included a biscuit, scrambled eggs, cheese and potatoes. They give you a basket of muffins as a courtesy while you're waiting for your food (see the poppyseed muffin in the photo above).

Speaking of french food, have you seen Sabrina? It's a classic film from 1954, in which Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn) attends cooking school in Paris, France.

Profitez (Translation: Enjoy),

Suzanne
Cookbook Bites
Subscribe to Cookbook Bites (Google, Twitter, Yahoo!, AIM) 
Get posts right to your inbox (Subscribe right below my pic)

Normandie Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. That was a good one..I loved reading it!!!
    Do visit me @
    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...