Saturday, April 10, 2010

Main Dishes

Egg salad roll up with baby spinach.

MAIN DISHES



SOUPS


Baked Potato Soup
A good hearty soup with all the fixin's: green onions, bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream...

Bratten's Clam Chowder
As I talked about Bratten's to my mom, it came out that there was a story about her, my dad, and "Bratten's."

Broccoli & Cheese Soup (Yum!)
...came home to hear all about how good the soup was.

Busy Day Soup (Yum!)
I'm sure Hannah would have made this for Nancy and her dad if only she had the recipe! This soup is a family favorite and it's easy to make.

Chicken & Dumplings (Yum!)
Comfort food.

Taco Soup (Yum!)
On a chilly rainy night we went to El Torito's restaurant. Their Tortilla Soup is serious comfort food! The following recipe seems to be as close as I can come.

Vegetable Beef Stew
Eric started cooking dinner, Vegetable Beef Stew, this morning in the crock pot. He found the camera and took a picture so I could show you how it turned out. Hearty and good!


SALADS


This salad is tied up with so much history from the Lea & Perrins President  trying the salad to the use of this salad to fight the salad bar craze of the 70's. It's just a fascinating story the more you read. Very savory and fresh salad!


SANDWICHES


Egg Salad
I learned how to make the perfect hardboiled egg. Hopefully nobody was meaning to dye those eggs... luckily there are still some left.

Gyros (Yum!)
A couple of years ago I decided to make gyros. When combined with classic movies like Jason & the Argonauts, with stop-motion special effects by the talented Ray Harryhausen you can't go wrong!

Pear, Brie & Sliced Almond Grilled Sandwich
A couple of weeks ago I bought a wedge of brie with the intent to make some lovely, melty brie and pear sandwiches


OTHER MAIN DISHES


Chicken Strips
Great for a homemade tv-dinner night.

Chile Verde
...we serve the Chile Verde as single servings in a bowl, as a hot dip with corn chips.

Haystacks
Haystacks were something my mom made when I was growing up. They're very good on a cold autumn evening and they're supremely easy to pull together.

Macaroni & Cheese
I've been on this forever-quest looking for the perfect Mac & Cheese and now that I seem to have found it I need to seriously lighten it up. I'm glad that I have a starting point to work from.

Meatloaf
A good, savory meatloaf recipe made without any eggs.

Nutella & Banana Sandwiches (Yum!)
This homemade sandwich is so much better than take-out! "Yum"

Oyster Stew
A creamy soup for a cold winter night.

PB&J Campaign
It's not just good for you... it's good for the environment too.

Simple Sesame Noodles
Like garlic? Toasted Sesame? Easy cooking? I made this on Sunday and it was sooo good! It's turned out to be a very good make ahead lunch too!

Spam Fried Rice (Yum!)
I suppose I could have pulled out a cereal box and some milk, but well, you know... I pulled out an old recipe instead.

Teriyaki Chicken (Yum!)
It is possible to make a decent Teriyaki sauce at home. Much, much better than any I've found pre-made in a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...