Friday, January 28, 2011

Open-Faced Nutella & Banana Sandwiches

This homemade sandwich is so much better than take-out! "Yum" literally came to mind with the first crunchy-soft-banana-chocolatey bite. (Can I use hyphens like that?) My daughter and I met up for lunch and few moments of Monster Quest while munching on our Nutella (hazelnut & chocolate spread) and banana sandwiches. Get these ingredients, including Monster Quest! Treat yourself. I insist!
About this picture: This was the only one I took, well after the one with the flash--Doh! While eating I was like: "I should take a picture with a bite out of the sandwich!" but then I would have had to pause and the Nutella was all melty and it seemed such a shame not to just enjoy the moment.

Open Faced Nutella & Banana Sandwiches
Artisan bread (Not sour dough or french bread--the good heavy duty crunchy-crust stuff)
Bananas (ripe)
Nutella

The instructions make me a little giddy they're so easy. Slice the bread and toast it. Spread on the Nutella and slice the bananas right on top. Oh, this is seriously good!

Do you like Nutella? What do you eat it with? Any special combo of ingredients?

Suz

4 comments:

  1. This looks like it would make a tasty snack and a healthy one too. I have a linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Nutella. I ate it for the first time when we went to visit our daughter in Germany. I must confess my favorite way to eat it is with a spoon right out of the jar. (No double dipping please:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutella is definitely food of the gods! I enjoy it on a warm piece of toast. I will try it with banana, it looks to die for! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...