Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Home Sick: Part 1 - Pho Ga

I recently skimmed an article about Pho (Vietnamese chicken soup) then saw a video about it "Fun With Pho." I have a cold + chicken soup = I decided to give it a try. Starting out with garlic, onion, cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger (no star anise in the cupboard).


I turned up the heat to help the spices "unlock" flavor, then added broth, water, chicken tenders, and brought it to a boil. I chickened out on the cinnamon stick when the broth began to smell like hot chocolate around the holidays. The cinnamon stick had to get out of the pool, then I skimmed off the strange spice/chicken foam (I only had ground ginger and cloves).


The soup on simmer, getting soup-y for lunch.


I'll post the recipe and what it looks like in Part II... when I'm feeling better. If you want the recipe I'm working from visit the Wandering Chopsticks blog. The recipe is "Pho Ga Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup."

Outta-here to find a tylenol and sleep. Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...