Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Best Banana Bread

A short story about baking with bananas...

The Joy of Baking
A couple of years ago I was looking for the best recipe for Banana Bread. I found it.

All Recipes
Next, it was on to muffin recipes. I ended up baking Banana Crumb Muffins. Em and I loved them, but Eric didn't.

Cooking Light
Then I found a banana bread recipe from Cooking Light. Really? Intriguing! I used my favorite Greek Gods Honey yogurt (because I don't ever have plain yogurt kicking around in my fridge). So, here's their recipe for Classic Banana Bread, and here's what I did:

Banana Bread
Banana Bread
My Version of the CL Classic Banana Bread
1 1/2 C Unbleached flour
1/2 C Whole wheat flour
1t Baking soda
1/2 t Salt
1 C sugar
1/4 C butter (soft/quasi melted)
2 eggs
3 over ripe bananas
1/3 C Honey yogurt
1 t Vanilla
1/2 C Walnuts (chopped)*
Turbinado sugar

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the butter and sugar, add the eggs, bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients (don't over mix). Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with some of that "Tarantino" sugar. Bake until a toothpick test shows you it's baked thru.

Ratings
1. Banana Bread
2. My Version of the CL Classic Banana Bread
3. Banana Crumb Muffins

PS: Did you see the cute pot holder? My sister Janel, made me 2 adorable patchwork pot holders for my birthday. I use them all of the time! ~Thank you Janel!~

Suzanne
Cookbook Bites
Subscribe to Cookbook Bites (Google, Twitter, Yahoo!, AIM) 
Get posts right to your inbox (Subscribe right below my pic)

2 comments:

  1. I like your hotpad!!! Very cute eyelet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I think of you every time I use them. For example, making popcorn last night. Such a cute and useful gift! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...