Thursday, January 28, 2010

From My Desktop Calendar...

Desktop calendar recipe for blueberry muffins
Desktop calendar recipe for blueberry muffins.
Yep, I got this recipe from my desktop calendar that greets me with a daily cupcake and recipe. So, what's a nice blueberry muffin recipe doing in a cupcake calendar? No clue, but I saved the recipe. Me and blueberries, we're old friends. I saw all the huba-baloo on Twitter about "National Blueberry Pancake Day," and while these aren't pancakes, they're my salute to my favorite fruit.

Blueberry Muffins
1/2 C superfine sugar (I used regular)
1 T grated lemon zest (Yum! Thanks for helping zest the lemon, Em!)
2 1/2 C flour
1 T baking powder
2 beaten eggs
1 C milk
1/2 C butter (melted)
1 t vanilla
2 C blueberries

Mix sugar, flour, lemon zest, and baking powder. Separate bowl mix eggs, milk, butter, vanilla. Add liquid to flour, mix, then add blueberries and combine. Bake 20 minutes.

Recipe Source: Well, this was from my desktop calendar, but in the fine print on the paper it says it came from the book "500 Cupcakes."

Baked blueberry muffins
Baked blueberry muffins
Review: These muffins dare to be different from the other blueberry muffins. Em compared them to cornbread texture which is right on the nose, and they're not so sweet either. They would be a very good muffin to have with soup or salad. (Lemon zest is one of the best parts of this recipe. I love baking with lemon zest it makes the whole kitchen smell good!)

Suz
Cookbook Bites
Subscribe to Cookbook Bites (Google, Twitter, Yahoo!, AIM) 
Get posts right to your inbox (Subscribe right below my pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...